Thursday 6 September 2012

A Get Well Wish

One of my very good friends is off work at the moment poorly and I wanted her to know I was thinking of her. I made this card yesterday and it was made mostly from items I was waiting to put away. I had been practising my inking using my splodeaway mat and was about to put the papers in the snippet folder when I thought actually I will use them up instead. This isn't typical get well colours but I thought it looked classy.

I am ashamed to say I have had this image a while and this is the first time I have coloured her, I have been trying to not buy anymore images until I have used some of the hundreds I have but it is so hard when the companies keep tempting me with sales lol. My willpower is weak lol.

Is anyone else like me, I see something all these ideas whizz around my head and I have to have it, when I get it home I can't think of a single thing to do with it and sometimes it can be months before I use it.


Ingredients
Image: "Wryn" Tiddlyinks 
Papers: 'Keita" & "Antique" Sassy Designs Inc
Cardstock: Snippet Folder
Brad: Eyelet Outlet
Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs

Challenges: Snippet Playground

I don't normally review products I have bought but thought I would give you my opinion on the slodgeaway mat. I played with Sue's mat at a playday and even I was surprised how good I was inking, Sue has a review here which explains it better than I ever could. Well I had to have one and ordered that night, It took a long time to arrive almost two weeks which I thought was a little excessive but they are a two man team and they have been inundated with orders. It was worth the wait though and inking has become something I want to do rather than hubby saying why have you got all those inks when you don't use them and feeling I had to use them to justify the storage space they were occupying. Expect to see lots more inking on my cards as not only does it give a lovely look but it is also really therapeutic.

9 comments:

Annette said...

Gorgeous card Amanda very classy looking backing paper. Hope your ok see you soon xx

kay said...

this cute card will cheer up your friend amanda and does this mean i need to buy one of those mats :)

Tina said...

Fab card Amanda, love those papers and that cute image.Tinaxx

coops said...

so gorgeous amanda.i love the sweet wrynn and reallt stunning colours :D

xx coops xx

Di said...

Lovely card Amanda - and I've been peeking at the links you added. Sigh, something else on my 'must have' list :)

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

A slodgeaway mat? This I have to investigate further. Will be rightback. Don't go away. Hugs Mrs A.

Bernie said...

Such a sweet card. Love this image and the BG paper.
Hugs
Bernie

Victoria said...

Your colouring is amazing. her hair is good enough to be on a Loreal advert... cos she's worth it!
Lovely papers and layout, and I love the little plaster in the corner.

Sarn said...

I'm not sure about either mat you mention . . . the SPLODEAWAY mat sounds DANGEROUS and the SLODGEAWAY one sounds like I need wellies!

But if you say they help you ink . . . then who am I to say otherwise! LOL!

Seriously . . . it's a lovely card and you've coloured it so well.

Hugs
Sarn xxx