Friday 16 November 2012

Gingerbread Lane

Just wanted to say hello to my new followers and also to let everyone know I am still alive, this Christmas malarky is seriously eating into my commenting time lol.

This stamp set from Papertrey Ink is perfect for all lovers of anything gingerbread. I have long since been addicted to gingerbread men and have quite a collection, the non edible ones of course the edible ones were lucky to make it into the house lol.

I bought some gorgeous scented candles in Bath and Body works in Florida and wanted a way to box them as gifts for my friends when I realised that the gingerbread house would be perfect. I measured and scored both boxes from one sheet of card and used left over scraps from the last lot of cards for the houses, sometimes not putting everything away has its advantages lol.






Ingredients
Image: "Gingerbread Lane" Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Recollections Kraft card, left over from some christmas cards
Candles: "Frosted Cupcake and Salted Caramel" Bath and Bodyworks

Challenges: Snippet Playground

10 comments:

Di said...

Oh yesssssss, these are fabulous Amanda. What a clever idea to put gingerbread scented goodies into those adorable gingerbread houses.

You haven't yet linked into the playground so am just about to add you in.

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Bwah, ha, ha........keys in microwave :)) I thought I was tops for being absent minded but that's priceless Amanda. Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

SUPER! xxx

Hettie said...

These are sooo cute Amanda. Need some of those too. Hmmmn! Let us go for a wander on Silhouette!!
Hugs
xx

coops said...

love these amanda.your gingerbread houses are fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Amazing. Alison xxx

Wishcraft said...

Ooh what a fabulous idea Amanda, love them! Hugs, Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

These are brilliant .. .. fabulous use of your snippets .. .. and what lovely gifts to put inside too.

I have never known anyone to collect gingerbread men .. .. but I will never be able to say that again will I LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

Bernie said...

These gingerbread houses are fantastic Amanda! Fabulous gift idea.
Hugs
Bernie

Tina said...

Love these Amanda, they are brilliant.Tinaxx