Tuesday 11 December 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

Well yesterday it was my Mum's birthday and I hope she had a very happy birthday. I always try to use a Mo's image for her cards as they remind me of myself as a little girl, the one I used last year on this card was probably the closest to me lol. But I always used to dress up our cat and push her around in my pram, in fact my mum had to get me a new pram as Kitty scratched the inside of my first one to pieces lol.

My mums favourite colour is blue so I am always on the hunt for new blue papers, imagine my surprise when I found this kit on my birthday with mum's favourite colour and my favourite flower. I have used a shaped card front and I quite like the effect. This is a large card for me as I tend to stick to small square but I enjoyed the change. I have also tried paper tolling or paper piecing as inspired by Mariska, mine looks nothing like hers but I am pleased for a first attempt and will definitely be doing this again.



Ingredients:
Image: "Dannielle with Muffin" Digital Pencil Too
Papers: "Petal Fresh" Nit Wit
Cardstock: "Bashful Blue" Stampin up
Dies: Papertrey Ink


4 comments:

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card Amanda and Happy Birthday to your Mum! the blue is lovely and the papers are super. Love the image too!
My you do have a lot of December birthdays don't you? Our busy family month is June.

kay said...

Amanda,having seen your finished image in real life know know that your photo isn't dong it justice as detail and raised effect is stunning,x

Di said...

Fantastic Amanda - a shed load of work too so I hope your Mum was super-pleased (no doubt she was though). Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so gorgeous amanda.stunning sweet image and i love the blue colours :D

xx coops xx