Wednesday 19 December 2012

Miss the Milk being Delivered

and this is why, I know I am showing my age when I can not only remember the milk being delivered and being able to get the top of the milk or the cream for my cornflakes in the morning if I was first up and dressed. Used to hate the mornings that anyone else got there before me and I think it is the reason I am a morning person now too.

I used this image from the Just Inklined the Next Big Thing Cd for this card and went with a more traditional colour scheme and style. I used the snippets of red card left from the various cards I have been making recently and some left over paper too.


Ingredients:
Image: "feeding the birds" Just Inklined
Papers: "yuletide" Raspberry Road Designs
Cardstock: "Real Red" Stampin up (no full sheets left ahhh)
Sentiment: "Big Christmas Wishes" Amy R
Dies: "Sentiment Strips" MFT

Challenges: Snippet Playground

6 comments:

kay said...

Well Amanda,I was the opposite and hated the creamy bit at the top......lol. Super card.hope you are all ready for Christmas,x

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

I used to love the top off the milk too. When we were first married if hubby was starting a new bottle he used to pour it into a little glass for me to add to my cornflakes .. .. ahhh!!

But no milk deliveries now and no top off the milk .. .. in fact we live on semi skimmed milk now so definitely none now.

Love your image and papers. Great use of your snippets.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane too.

Love Jules xx

Di said...

Wonderful Amanda! I adore those Raspberry Road papers and the image brings back so many memories - right down to the bluetits pecking the silver foil milk tops to get at the cream.

I hated milk at school with a vengeance :(

Have a great day! Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so gorgeous amanda.such a stunning image and yes we used to fight for the cream off the top in a morning but when i was underweight as a teenager i had to drink a pint of gold top milk a day and it has put me off milk now.lol.

xx coops xx

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful image...We still have one dairy here that delivers milk in glass containers like this It is called Avalon Dairy and is located right in the center of Vancouver itself!!!
I wish I could get delivery but alas, I do not live in the city itself.
Great, great card

Sarn said...

What a lovely image and pretty card. I can remember milk being delivered too . . . AND Blue Tits getting in FIRST sometimes! Little terrors, but you can't stay mad with them for long as they are SOOOO sweet!

Hugs
Sarn xxx