Friday 10 May 2013

AWOL and Sketch Saturday

Hi everyone, sorry I have been AWOL for a couple of weeks I got the unexpected opportunity to travel and couldn't pass up such a great experience. Normally when I know I am going to be away I schedule at least a couple of posts but there just wasn't time. I did visit you all though leaving comments with the hotel intermittent internet connection proved problematic and frustrating lol.

I took a few images and my neutral grey copics and decided to try the monochromatic look, really enjoyed this and have used one of these images on my card below. I added a pop of raspberry to the image to match the already printed papers in my snippet draw.

I have really enjoyed the sketch saturday challenges and have been trying to take part every week, sketches have always been my nemesis but I am slowing starting to enjoy them.


Ingredients
Image: "Miss Anya" The greeting Farm
Papers: Pink Petticoat in Silver Cloud and Raspberry Collis
Sentiment: "Signature Butterfly" Papertrey Ink

Challenges: Sketch Saturday


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Israel!! That's a trip you couldn't give up!

Great card! Love your colouring and the monochrome looks fab with the red.
xx

Jules said...

Hi Amanda

I'm not surprised you couldn't pass on that trip to Israel .. .. I hope you have had a good break.

Loving your card. You have used gorgeous colours and papers.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Mrs A. said...

Love your backing papers. Sketches are not my favourite thing to try either. Hugs Mrs a.

Di said...

Wahoo - good job we didn't know where you were going, could have had some stowaways in your suitcase! :)

Super card Amanda - and like you I find sketches my least fave but they do provide inspiration. Great snippets card and I love the papers you used.

Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so stunning Amanda. I love your mono colouring and gorgeous image and design :D

xx coops xx

kay said...

It's gorgeous Amanda,love how the colour pops against the monochrome. Enjoy your next trip now x