Monday 13 January 2014

Two for the price of one.

I must admit I truly enjoy making guy cards, I am not sure why but they always seem easier to me. I thought of the recipient of this card when I bought this stamp set last year, now I know the iPhone is a bit different now but I still think it looks effective. All the supplies for this and the card I made from the negative are from the snippet draw.

I decided to try one of Kristina Werner's tips and stick different papers to a piece of paper and then die cut, being on a snippet challenge to myself though I used left over white card but it made cutting the die more difficult so next time I will use paper instead. On the second card I used the left over strips to create a background by cutting at angles and placing randomly



Ingredients
Image: "boys toys" from Dimension stamps
Card: Recollections kraft
Paper: "note to self" echo park at jessica sprague
Sentiment and die: "wonderful words birthday" paper trey ink
Ink: "elegant evening" paper trey ink



Ingredients
Card: "elegant evening" paper trey ink
Paper: "note to self" echo park at jessica sprague
Sentiment and die: "wonderful words birthday" paper trey ink
Ink: black liquorice mft

Challenges: Snippet Playground

7 comments:

Di said...

Two great snippets cards Amanda! Sigh, I wish I could make male cards out of choice - these are just perfect.

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

Well done, Amanda! Well done and very impressive!! Hugs, Darnell

coops said...

these are fantastic Amanda.brilliant designs :D

xx coops xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Such a clever way to use your snippits. Not sure if I have enough patience for that, but it is so effective. xx Maggie

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Amanda these are beautiful fantastic design and a way to use up all those little bits. Love Alison x

scrappymo! said...

Wow! What great snippets cards.

Brenda said...

Both cards are awesome!! I love the great way you used your snippets too!