Monday 2 June 2014

Mad About....Fishing?

I bought this stamp at the same time as the golf one I used in september last year, they are both very large stamps and they lend themselves to paper piecing which you know is one of my favourite things to do. I started this card in September but it has taken me this long to make it into a card, I just couldn't decide what size and shape of card to use and in the end went for a simple one as I felt the image says it all.

I have used the first paper pack I ever bought, its by Papermania and is all blues, oranges and browns but I have lost the front cover so have no idea what it is called lol. It was perfect for paper piecing though as there were lots of small bits already cut. As I used both recycled card and snippet I am off to the playground.

Ingredients:
Image: "fishing" woodware
Card: Old file folders
Paper: Papermania

Challenge: Snippet Playground

5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Looks great. A strong and masculine looking card. I have that stamp and the golf one. Have not used them yet...but now i am looking forward to getting them inky on some snippets too!

Jean said...

This is a great card for a fella who fishes. I love these stamps and as you say they are perfect for paper piecing. I very much like the super papers you used.
Jean x

Di said...

Oh just brilliant Amanda! a great snippets buster and fabulous card for a chap as a result!

Sorry I'm a bit late visiting - playing catch up here :)

Hugs, Di xx

coops said...

so stunning amanda.i love these stamps and i love the paper piecing and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Kathleen said...

great card. love the paper piecing. think the papers were just called 'Masculine' from memory.
Kathleen Mc xx