Sunday 28 December 2014

Art Attack

This card is one that evolved and took on a life of its own, I wanted to use the crayon from the simon says stamp set and I thought I'd seen a card using a mason jar to hold the crayons but i couldn't find it so I went my own way instead. Once I'd coloured the crayons in rainbow order I pulled out all my art stamps and discovered I have a few, and I liked the sentiment so that was sorted but the crayons looked a little lost so I scooped them up and thought I know the mason jar from lawn fawn. Originally this was going to be a completely white card but I decided to play with the abstract art set from MFT and I liked the look.

This may be hard to believe but this is my first set of spell binders nesties, I have several xcut and MFT. I bought them recently in the countryview crafts advent sale after a very good friend of mine told me what she got and I'm so glad she did as they were an absolute bargain.



Ingredients
Image: "color and sunshine" Simon says stamp and "summertime charms" lawn fawn
Sentiment: "sentimental about art" MFT
Dies: "summertime charms" lawn fawn and "a2 mat stacks rounded" spellbinders
Background: "abstract art" MFT
Inks: "blueberry sky", "pure poppy", "plum pudding" , "orange zest", "Sweet blush", "lemon tart" by paper trey ink and "berrylicious" , "sour apple" by MFT

Copics
Crayons:
Red - R89, 39, 37, 35
Orange - YR09, 07, 04, 02, 65
Yellow - Y17, 15, 13, 11
Green - YG25, 23, 21, 17
Blue - B26, 24, 23, 21
Purple - V17, 15, 12, 01
Pink - R89, 85, 83, 81

4 comments:

kay said...

This is fab Amanda x

Darnell said...

Amanda, I'm in love with this magnificent card!! I haven't seen you in ages and it's wonderful to catch up! Come by some time!

I hope your Christmas was wonderful and I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Hettie said...

What a fabulous card Amanda. I Love it!!
Don't you love it when a card makes itself!
Hugs and Happy New Year.
xx

Kathleen said...

this is even better 'in real life'!!!
Kathleen Mc xx