Wednesday 17 December 2014

Playday Christmas Cards Take 1

For my crafty friends I always try and push my creativity, I don't always succeed but I do try. I love anything fair isle/holiday knit so when I saw the "holiday knit" stencil from Tim Holtz I knew I had to get it. I knew I wanted to use it on my christmas cards but how, I tried inking though it and although it looked cool I knew it wasn't the look I wanted. I have been cleaning my craft room and came across the texture paste I bought in the summer and even though this is an extremely intricate stencil I decided to give it a go. Its not perfect but I like the effect, I think the white on white is lovely but I wished I had used a coloured card base and maybe not had the paste so low on the card, but this is a first attempt as the title suggests so you will get to see my other tries over the next few days until I show you the final article.


ingredients
Image: "Frost" Purple Onion Designs
Card: Recollections 110lb white
Dies: Blueprints 15 from mft and "happy" one liners from paper trey ink
Background: "Holiday knit" stencil from Tim Holtz and light modelling paste from Liquidtex.

No comments: