Saturday 14 February 2015

Limited Crafting Supplies

Normally when I make a card I'm surrounded by all my stuff and I can use a bit of this and a bit of that but in Florida I have only my prismas and anything I buy whilst I'm there.

I have made some really good friends during my trips and I discovered one of them was celebrating a birthday on the day I got home so I wanted to make her a card, problem is how do I do that when I don't have all my stuff. When I put this perplexing question to my hubbie he just looked at me and said you've got loads of stuff to choose from how can you possibly not have enough here to make a card, I was a bit shocked to be honest and then I looked again and thought ok prove him wrong, prove that you need the all the stuff, well I didn't succeed in that lol. What I did succeed in was enjoying creating in a way I hadn't done in years. When I first started crafting I would see a card I liked and wanted to recreate and I would look through the stuff I already had and recreate something similar with my own personal spin. Nowadays I see a card and I buy everything to make that card, I still put my own personal spin but I still have to have everything to make it. But not anymore, I so enjoyed making this card I'm going to do this more.

I decided to try colouring on Kraft card with my prismas, I must say I really enjoyed this technique, I didn't bother blending with mineral spirits instead I let the pencils do the work. I enjoyed it so much I wanted to bring my pencils home with me lol.



Ingredients
Image: "coffee sue" robertos amigas from CC Designs
Card: "natural", "grapesicle", "grape jelly" all MFT, "Kraft" from Joann
Ink: "grapesicle" from MFT
Dies: blueprints 21 from MFT
Background stamp: "damask" MFT

1 comment:

coops said...

so gorgeous amanda.i love your lilac colours and stunning image :D

xx coops xx