Sunday 22 March 2015

Mama Elephant Photobomb

My good friend Kay showed me this stamp set and I just had to get it, I couldn't wait and coloured this version straight away. I saw a card on the mama elephant blog and thought mmm shades of grey.

I wanted to create a kind of developing photo bokah background so I cut a panel using blueprints 20 then I inked it with pumice stone and black soot. Once it was dry I cut several circles using mft staxs and used "sweet tooth" pigment ink from mft to sponge through the circles. To finish I added some Heidi swapp White spray, it gives a lovely pearly look in real life.

The panel looked too plain on a white card base so I used mft grout Gray, I then sponged the White ink through a stampin up stencil , once that was dry I moved the stencil down and to the right and sponged with the grout Gray dye ink. This is something I would try again maybe with brighter colours next time.



Ingredients
Images: "photobomb" mama elephant
Inks: "pumice stone" and "black soot" both distress, "sweet tooth" pigment and "grout Gray" dye both MFT
Dies: precious Polaroids, circle stax and blueprints 20 all MFT
Stencil : circle masks stampin up
Card: "grout Gray" mft and "white" recollections 110lb

1 comment:

kay said...

Nice for a change to make you buy something lol
Fabulous card x