Wednesday 11 March 2015

Watercolour Hydrangeas

Clearly besotted recently had a sale and this is a set I've been wanting for ages so I decided to go ahead and get it, I'm trying to use new stuff before I put it away as otherwise I forget I have it.

I wanted to try creating blue hydrangeas as this is my favourite flower and thought water colour would be the easiest way, I stamped the image multiple times on tim holts watercolour paper and used my distress inks to colour them, its only my second time using them this way but I had so much fun and the effect was so much better than I expected. I wet the entire image and dropped the colour onto it, the embossed lines help keep it contained.

I decided that the flowers looked a little plain with a white background so I used my diamond circles stencil and sponged on some ink, I originally used tumbled glass and shaded lilac but the background was too vivid and overtook the image so I tried MFT dye ink instead, it blended so much easier than I expected and the colours were much pales than the DI, I might try water colouring with them next time. Don't worry I didn't throw away the other background I made another card with it, hopefully you will see that one soon.


Ingredients
Image: "just fabulous" Clearly Besotted and free cb set from Simply cards
Card: Tim Holtz watercolour paper, michaels 110lb whute and Sno Cone from MFT
Dies: "just fabulous" clearly besotted, blueprints 13 and 20
Stencil: "diamond circles" Simon says stamp
Inks: Sno cone and grapesicle for the stencilled background and steel grey for the sentiment all MFT
Sentiment: "think big favourites 12" Papertrey Ink

Watercolour (all distress inks)
Leaves - mowed lawn and peeled paint
Blue Hydrangea - tumbled glass, broken china and shaded lilac
Pink Hydrangea - picked raspberry, seedless preserves and spun sugar





1 comment:

kay said...

Such a pretty card x