Saturday 15 August 2015

Congratulations Mollie

My neighbours daughter has been studying hard for her A levels and I wanted to make her a congratulation card, now don't ask me why maybe it's such a long time since I was in school or because I spend so much time in the US but I thought she was graduating high school so I used the Grad girl stamp from MFT. Now once I'd made the card I realised but it was a bit too late lol.
Oh we'll never mind at least I was thinking of her.

When Tim Holtz announced the new colours of distress ink for 2015 I was so excited, I don't own all the originals but I do like the ones I have a lot. The first colour was a winner with me and I had to get it straight away but the next few weren't my favourites so I decided to wait to get them. I saw them at the Taunton show and I bought them as minis and I'm so glad I bought all four as I would never have picked this colour and it's the first one I've used lol.

I cut the sentiment strip and the backing card from the stencil packaging, it was a lovely weight black card and it seemed a waste to throw it away so i'm off for a play at the snippet playground.



Ingredients
Image : "grad girl" a la mode by MFT
Background: " sunburst" stencil by Stamposaurus
Ink: "fossilised Amber" distress ink
Card: packaging from the stencil (waste not want not)
Sentiment: "delightful day" Clearly Besotted
Dies: Blueprints 2 and 13

2 comments:

coops said...

so stunning amanda.i love the image and your background looks fantastic, so striking ;D

xx coops xx

kay said...

It's awesome Amanda, the more you use the distress inks in different ways the more you will love them x