Saturday 5 December 2015

Altenew Vintage Pink Roses

This card was inspired by this card by Kristina Werner, when the video was made I hadn't even bought the stamp set but I knew I wanted it. I decided on the Vintage roses rather than flowers as the roses had more sizes and layers in this set.

I decided to change her colour scheme though as I don't have any of the inks she used, I had recently watched a laura bassen video and she used her pti inks to stamp an altenew lily and I thought I wonder if I could achieve the same with mine and the roses.

There is a ton of masking on this simple card but it was worth it to see the end result, I have kept the masks so you never know I might even recreate it.



Ingredients
Images: "vintage roses" altenew
Sentiment: "happy birthday" Simon Says Stamp
Background: "wood plank" mft stamps
Sequins: "marshmallow", "sparkling clear" and "pink mix" all Pretty Pink Posh

Inks
Roses - "sweet blush", "hibiscus burst", "raspberry fizz" and "scarlet jewel" all Papertrey ink
Leaves - "limeade ice", "simply chartreuse" and "ripe avocado" all Papertrey ink
Background - "grout gray" from MFT

No comments: